Woman's Health Clinic, HOLYWOOD PRIVATE CLINIC, NORTHERN IRELAND
At Holywood Private Clinic we offer a variety of women’s health services led by our GP with enhanced skills in gynaecology Dr Marie-Louise Thornton.
These services include:
- Contraception Advice Clinic where Dr Thornton can offer a range of services including prescriptions, removal and insertion of Nexplanon implant or Depo Provera injection. Discussion of coils and onward referral can also be arranged.
- Early Pregnancy Testing, pregnancy advice and onward obstetric referral
- Pelvic examination, cervical smear and HPV testing with a result returned within 3 weeks ( Please avoid during menses)
- Breast examination and referral for Mammography or ultrasound
- Examination & advice for many gynaecological issues including menstrual problems and pre-menstrual syndrome.
Book our extended 30 minute Women’s Health Appointment – £150
DR MARIE-LOUISE THORNTON
GP AND GP WITH EXTENDED SKILLS (GPES) IN GYNAECOLOGY
Dr Thornton has a passion for Women’s health and well being and works as an NHS GP, in an NHS GP Gynaecology service and with us in her dedicated menopause clinic. Dr Thornton has over 20 years experience. She is a member of the British Menopause Society, the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health and the British Society of Lifestyle medicine. Dr Thornton was a keynote speaker at Northern Ireland’s first menopause conference in Nov 2022 and does regular educational talks on all aspects of the menopause. Dr Thornton will offer a comprehensive and holistic approach to any issue you have in relation to the perimenopause or menopause.