PDO Thread Mini Face Lift
PDO Treatment Areas
- PDO COG Face Lift
- Jawline Contour
- Double Chin
- Neckline Tightening
- Nasolabial Lines
- Smoker Lines
- Lips (Contour and Volume)
- Eyebrow Lift, Crow’s Feet, Bags
- Under Eyes,
- Arms, Legs, Buttocks, Abdomen,
This “Non-Surgical Facelift” uses multiple absorbable threads to lift and rejuvenate your skin, resulting in a fresh and youthful appearance. The implanted threads initially create a vector/pulling force.
What are PDO threads?
PDO (Polydioxanone) threads are simple absorbable sutures which have been safely used in surgery for many years.
How does the PDO Thread lift work?
This “Non-Surgical Facelift” uses multiple absorbable threads to lift and rejuvenate your skin, resulting in a fresh and youthful appearance. The implanted threads initially create a vector/pulling force. This pulling force helps reposition sagging skin, providing definition and contouring. The PDO threads also stimulate production of collagen and elastin which forms a network acting as a support to the tissue. The PDO threads have also been shown to improve vascular and lymphatic circulation and can potentially induce lipolysis (fat loss).
Are PDO thread lifts painful?
Topical anaesthetic cream can be applied prior to the insertion of mono threads. Threads are loaded in a very fine and extremely sharp needles. This makes thread insertion virtually painless. If Cog threads are chosen local anaesthetic injections are offered to make the cannula insertion more comfortable.
Are there any side effects?
As with any injection there is a potential for slight bleeding, brushing or swelling. The treated area may appear slightly red for a number of hours. Usually most people can continue with daily life with very little down time and only minimal discomfort if any.
What does the procedure involve?
- Procedure time = x1 session 30-60 minutes, top up session may be required at 8 weeks
- Anaesthetic = Topical numbing cream +/- Local anaesthetic injections
- Sensitivity = 48 hours
- Full recovery = 1-2 weeks
- Risks = Bleeding, bruising, swelling, infection, discomfort
PDO Thread Lift results:
- Improvement in lifting/tightening can be seen immediately
- Improvement in the skin rejuvenation can be seen after 1 month
- Maximum tension of lift occurs at 2 months
- Reabsorption of the threads occurs over 6 months
- Collagen production continues during reabsorption of threads
- Top up may be required at 2 months
- Treatment may be repeated at 1-2 years
- To Achieve best results your Doctor may advise combining the PDO threads with some HA Dermal fillers to help with volume loss